My Learning Insights

 Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening are the four macro skills. They play a very vital role in the Intellectual and Academical improvement of a person. I personally consider these four as essential skills that I must develop for my improvement. I also believe that being equipped with these skills would be a very big advantage of everyone from different fields.
   As a college student I am rest assured that I am good in reading. I can also speak and write. But in situations like seminars, forums and even in my usual classes, I realized that my listening skills should be develop and still needs a thorough improvement. I could testify this, because I usually had a difficult time jotting or taking-down notes and even remembering the information I heard. It is said that  hearing and listening are two different process and I think I am more on hearing.
   Way back to my early school years I can't remember if we we're taught on how to listen effectively or even given some hints or strategies that we can use to improve this skill. Honestly, most of us might not aware of the importance of having a good listening skills. And we even think that when we hear sounds or words coming from other people, we we're already listening, but its absolutely not.
  And at this point of my life I realized that listening is an important skill that I must posses considering its advantages. That when we listen effectively we can gain knowledge, write down the information that should be written down and activate our retention which are clear signs of  being a skilled listener.
  Although I felt that I was deprived and not given the chance to develop my listening skill earlier. But  it's not yet too late. I found a much greater opportunity by taking the responsibility in teaching and helping my future students develop their skill in listening that they could use in many ways and for their success someday.
  And from the article that I've searched from the Internet(colostate.edu) I learned so many ideas that I could use for the application of my task. The do's  and dont's of teaching listening and the assessments that should be implemented before, during and after the process. Although the strategies mentioned on the article was pretty challenging, as a a future educator I am ready to take that challenge.
  In addition, People write what they heard. People read the books written by authors who earned their ideas and knowledge from words of credible people. And lastly, People speaks what they have listened that is correlated to interpersonal communication which is also a vital activity to human being. These facts only proves how important effective listening to everyone and why it should be taught to everyone as early as possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FILM ANALYSIS: Aishite Imasu 1941:Mahal Kita

against all odds

Fireproof: A Reflection