Literary Attempt #2: The Genuine Friend


The Genuine Friend
(Francis Jay M. Damit)
 

When this uncaring world will turn its back on you,
 I will be there by your side to take way your sorrow.

  When you feel the world is falling down ,
 I’ll carry it for you.

When others trash you to judgment  And tear every fiber of you,
  I will be there to nurture.

  I will be your friend until the end,
     And I'm your friend that would never complain.

       Soon you will find friends that are new
       and might forget everything that I do.

Don’t worry I will never be in pain
As long as I’ll see you smiling.

       It’s a sad fact but Its a reality, that,
     People come and people go.

I will just pray for you to realize that the one
Who truly care is right here at your back.

    And If these friends left you Alone,
   Don’t forget To call.

I’ll come running with open arms and face smiling.
To wipe away your tears.

For I will always be your friend
Yesterday and tomorrow.

I’ll cry for your hurt, I will smile for your happiness
And I will care for you always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FILM ANALYSIS: Aishite Imasu 1941:Mahal Kita

against all odds

Fireproof: A Reflection