FIELD STUDY: February 7 & 8, 2012

FIELD STUDY
Reflection

     FIELD STUDY, I had my first field study during the first semester of my second year in college and I can still vividly remember how I became so thankful for having that experience because I would say its something to cherish for life that once in my life I met people who are so kind and still wears smile towards the difficulties in their life, they have contentment that nowaday is a rare thing that a person may have. 
    My first field study was in Zayas, Carmen Cagayan de Oro City. Yes! The address is certainly engulf with its famous landmark, the Landfill. Amidst the redolent place there hides a small world of education, a school whom not even a common people would expect to exist in the area. There is a school that even a scorching smell wasn't able to stop there aspiration, to teach and to learn.
The school was managed by a foreign founders, aimed to impart knowledge and literaracy to the scavenger settlers in the area. Some of the teachers are volunteers and if they have allowances surely its not enough to suffice their needs. But, I was greatly amazed on the way they have accepted and welcomed us in their territory. I never felt that we were rejected and outcast. They treat us as part of their family.
     And here's my second field study experience, it was on February 7 & 9, 2012 at Bulua National High School. The school is one of the biggest public school in the city in terms of its population and performance as well as their achievements. The school is located at the city center, near the national road, market, and so with other famous stablishments. But inspite of their advantages and comparably better situation compared to the previous school I have visited, I never expect that the feeling of rejection would be the feeling that I will derived after that visit.
Its so disheartening to think that you are choosing education as your course and you are in the place where In the near future would be you workplace and it would be the place that will make you feel  not accommodated.
     I am aware that I am not in the position to say any deteriorating words against them, but I could help but to outburst my self regarding to what we have experienced on the school. They didn't let us feel welcome, we were not accomodated. In fact, everytime we will approach them they will leave the place quickly and its very obvoius that they don't want us to be there, they don't want us to observe their school, and worst we are there in compliance to our subject.
     We expect them to be our guidance on how to make things right, but they have shown us differently. And the idea that was embedded in my mind was, they never let us feel that we are home, and it pained my heart. Maybe someday if I will become a teacher I would definitely not do the same thing they do, otherwise I will help those people who are still on the process of familiarizing their future profession. They should have set as an example to us, but they didn't give us that, and so I was really very disappointed to the way they treat us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FILM ANALYSIS: Aishite Imasu 1941:Mahal Kita

against all odds

Fireproof: A Reflection